Gujarati kadhi is a yogurt based soup/stew. Gujarat is a state in western part of India. It is relished mainly during winter out there. This can be made instantly and no need running around for ingredients all it needs is yogurt, cumin, Chickpea flour and chili and 5 minutes of your time is all that it takes. This is my favorite during fall/winter. It is recommended for those who savor the sour taste.
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup of low fat yogurt
- 2 cups water
- 3 tsp chickpea flour
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves to garnish
Step 1: Beat the yogurt. Mix yogurt water and gram flour well, there should be no lump formation.
Step 2: Heat oil in a sauce pan, add cumin seeds, green chilies and sauté for a minute in low heat.
Step 3: Add the mixture, salt and boil till it raise up and turn off. Garnish with coriander leaves
- In the recipe I have used bhoondi for garnishing, it is Indian snack made from chickpea flour. Use of it in recipe is optional.
- You may vary the consistency by making it more creamy or thin based on your taste by varying water.
- This can be served as dips/soup/ or with steamed rice