Paneer Tikka Masala
· 100gm Paneer( 12 -15 medium size paneer cubes)
· 1 medium size Onion (chopped into cubes)
· 1 medium size tomato(Cut into cubes)
· 1 small capsicum/Green bell pepper(cut into cubes)
1teaspoon Chilli powder
½ teaspoon garam masala
¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
A pinch of black pepper powder
1teaspoon Ginger paste
1 teaspoon garlic paste
2-3 teaspoons lemon juice
Salt to taste
2-3teaspoons full cream yogurt
· 2-3tablespoons oil
· ½ cup tomato puree
· ¼ cup Coconut milk
· 2 teaspoon dried methi(fenugreek) leaves
· ½ tsp cumin powder
· 1tsp coriander powder
· 1 tsp Chilli powder
· 1 green chillies(finely chopped)
· 1 medium size onion(finely chopped)
· Coriander leaves to garnish(Cilantro)
· Salt to taste
Step1: Take all ingredients for marinating, mix well and add chopped vegetables, paneer cubes. Combine well. Allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
Step2: Grill the marinated vegetables and paneer in a skewer for about 15 minutes(turn the skewer inbetween) or until done (depends on the oven you use). Paneer turns light brown in color. Now the paneer tikka is ready.
Step 3: Heat the oil in a pan, add onions, green chillies, sauté for a minute. Add tomato puree, chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, methi leaves. Fry for 2minutes. Add coconut milk. Boil for 2-3 minutes. Add paneer tikka, salt, 1/2 cup of water with the leftover spices used for marination, coriander. Cover the lid and cook in a medium low heat for 5 minutes or until done. Saute in between to avoid from getting burnt. Paneer becomes soft(not too soft), make salt adjustment and sauté it to drain out excess of water to get thick gravy.
- Best served with roti/Chapathi with lemon wedges.
- Relish these yummy tikka's as starters if you don’t like masala gravy and save yourself the trouble of further mess in kitchen.