South Indian Fish Curry
· Fish: 750gm (Cleaned and cut into pieces), Mackerel, Tilapia
· Oil: 3-4 tablespoons
· Mustard seeds: ¼ teaspoon
Onion: 2 medium sized(finely chopped)
Green chilli: 2-3 (Split into two halves)
· Ginger garlic paste: 1 ½ teaspoons
· Red Chilli powder: 1 ½ teaspoons
· Coriander powder: 2 teaspoons
· Pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
· Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
· Salt to taste
Step1: Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and allow to pop then add green chillies and saute it.
Step2: Add onions, ginger garlic paste and saute till for 3 to 5 minutes.
Step3: Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, tamarind paste and a cup of water, stir well to make a even mixture.
Step4: Add 1 more cup of water. Bring it to boil and add cleaned fish into the mixture, boil uncovered for 6-8 minutes or until it’s cooked.
- If you desire for thick gravy, once the fish is cooked take out the gravy to another pan leaving fish aside. Boil the gravy by stirring occasionally until it reaches desired thickness. Pour it back to the main dish and your fish curry is ready to eat.
- Best served with steamed rice with lemon wedges.