- Chana dal : 2tablespoons
- Urud dal: 1tablespoon
- Toor dal: 1tablespoon
- Sesame seeds: 4tablespoons
- Dried Red Chillies: 6-8 No’s
- Dried Coconut: 1/4 cup(Shredded)
- Coriander Seeds : 1tablespoon
- Black Pepper corns: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin: 1teaspoon
- Tamarind paste:1/2 cup
- Crushed Jaggery : 1 ½ teaspoons
- Mustard: 1/2 tablespoon
- Oil: 3/4 cup
- Garlic cloves: 5-6(Optional)
- Groundnuts: 1/4cup
- Sesame seeds: 1tablespoon
- Shredded Dried Coconut: 4tablespoons
- Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
Step1: In a frying pan dry roast all ingredients in a medium-high heat. At first add toor dal, chana dal, urud dal and fry till light brown for about 3-4 minutes when its almost done add peppercorns, coriander seeds, red chillies, cumin, dried coconut. Fry for a minute. Fry sesame seeds separately till light brown. In a mixer combine all ingredients to make coarse powder.
Step2: In a sauce pan, add tamarind paste, 2cups of water, boil for 6-8 minutes. Add jaggery, powdered ingredients and continue boiling for 4-5minutes or till it becomes a thick paste.
Step3: Heat oil in frying pan, add mustard's, groundnuts and fry for a minute. Add garlic, dried chillies, curry leaves and saute for a minute, add sesame seeds, coconut and turn off stove. Combine with thick paste prepared, add salt, mix well.
- Mix the desired amount of puliyogre with cooked white rice. Make salt adjustment.
- Sufficient for eight servings(of about 1kg of rice).Combine with rice half an hour prior to serving
- .To get the texture ensure not to make fine powder of ingredients(It goes well with rice when its coarse)