Puffed Rice Snack
Preparation time: 5minutes Servings: 3
Cooking time: 10minutes
Total time: 15minutes
· 200gm Puffed rice2tbsp Oil
· 1tsp Chana dal
· 1tbsp split peanuts
· 1 medium size Onion (finely chopped)
· 3 Green chillies(split into two halves)
· Pinch of turmeric powder(optional)
· ¼ cup grated coconut
· Lemon juice 1 ½ tablespoons
· Coriander leaves
· Salt to taste
Step1: Soak puffed rice in water for 2minutes and drain out the excess water.
Step2: Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add mustards,chana dal, peanuts. Fry until peanuts, dal, turn light brown color.
Step 3: Add onion,green chillies. Fry until onion is translucent. Add turmeric and sauté it.
Step 4: Add stuffed rice, coconut, salt and sauté for 3 – 4 minutes in a medium low heat and turn off the heat.
Step5: Garnish with coriander leaves, add lemon juice and mix well.
- Do not cover the lid while cooking, Saute it frequently.
- It could be served as breakfast or enjoyed as snack.